Saturday, June 14, 2008

Estes Park Wool Market - Critters

The Estes Park Wool Market is much more than a big yarn store.

I've including a few pictures of my own to show a different perspective than you will get from Tracy's post.

First there are the animals. Being a former farm boy I enjoyed seeing all the different fiber bearing animals. There were more llamas at this festival than I have ever seen. They are regal in appearance and carriage and appear to be quite capable of bearing the loads pack animals are helpful in bearing.

The sheep are the traditional source of wool and are what most folks think of when they hear about spinning, weaving, or knitting.

Alpacas produce soft fine wool and the yarns made from their fiber is prized around the world.

Some of the critters (and their owners) sport some impressive headgear.




"I need a haircut"

"We got sheared but they missed a spot"

Graceful Curves

Extra Horn

Who are you calling "Wooly"?

Sleeping Ram

Nice Tags

Sheep - Herder-ess

Llamas

Ready for the Packsaddle

Two Tone

Show-off

"Fringe"

My llama "Spot"

Posing for a Picture

Inexperienced dog - Experienced flock


Click the video below for the true experience - minus the aroma...



2 comments:

Bawana said...

I never knew there were so many kinds and colors. Keep the Post's coming we are enjoying them up here.

Paul Batchelder said...

I guess you were a little "sheepish" after this walk!