Friday, August 18, 2006

Bird Feeder Blues

I don't know what day it is. I guess that means I'm on vacation.

I'm not wearing a watch and I try not to wake up too early.

One of our favorite pastimes used to be feeding and watching birds. At our home in Needville we don't have too many interesting birds and there are too many sparrows.

Out here in Central State Park however, there are some nice birds including several juvenile cardinals, some chickadees and tufted titmice.

Oh yeah - there are also plenty of squirrels.

I'm tired from having to work so hard keeping up with all the responsibility of keeping the feeder filled. And the squirrels keep messing up the corn feeder we put up just for them. It's just exhausting........

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Black Capped Chickadee

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Mama Cardinal

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Papa Cardinal

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Guarding the tree

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Youngster

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Buddies

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Tasty Snack

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
At the Feeder

Maybe I need to go fishing so I can relax!

No comments: