Friday, December 28, 2007

End of the Year at Evans Lake

2007 is rapidly coming to a close and since I'm off work this week I decided to make one last visit to the lake for some bass action.

I caught more than my share of fish - I stopped counting at ten. The camera was around my neck as usual but I decided to just relax and enjoy the time without trying to photo document everything.

The first fish I hooked was a jumbo - quite a surprise after the smaller fish I have been catching. It took me a while to find the fish but when I did I found a bunch of them. I cast out beyond the weeds and let the BGW drift with the wind. When I got a hit I really laid into him to try to get him up on the surface before he got me into the weeds. I think it shocked him and he immediately went airborne. He jumped three times and spit the hook. Just as I was about to reel in the slack line he jumped again - just for fun!

I'll estimate he was a four pounder and I nicknamed him "Son of Legend".

My one and only picture was of the evening sky.

Photobucket

I'm looking forward to next year already.

1 comment:

Bawana said...

I think that bass is still jumping he just took a break until you left and then started up again.