Saturday, April 26, 2008

Fishing with Marcos

After a night of stormy weather and some much needed rain, I was ready to get out and enjoy the sunshine. Sitting for long periods is not good for the back rehab so a walk around Evans Lake would surely be welcome.

I found some willing bass like this big girl who took the BGW.



Before long I looked up and at first I thought Juan Valdez had arrived but upon closer inspection it turned out to be Senor "Marcos" Evans! He became the photographer for this shot of me and this nice Evans Lake largemouth.



Senor Evans was trying out a colorful crankbait.



I tied one on as well but the fish were not very active. We both switched back to the green senko worm and the before long started catching some fish. We fished the worm slowly at first then I got hit while cranking one in so we changed tactics and the fish responded. They wanted a swimming worm!


"Marcos" on the wall.

Click the Play button to watch the video below.





The magic of perspective. (same fish different shot)




Healthy LMB


One Happy Gringo.

It's hard to beat a sunny afternoon with a good friend and a lake full of bass.

Vaya con Dios mi amigo!

No comments: