Friday, November 17, 2006

One Fish Two Fish

Dr. Seuss would be proud.

I didn't catch a Blue Fish.

For those of you with a sensitivity to fishing please click this LINK and read no further. You will be redirected to a site where the poor fish are not dragged from the sea and eaten or at least photographed against their will.

For the rest of you - read on!

I was up at the crack of dawn bracing against the cool breeze and stringing up my trusty 10-footer, ready to do battle with the surf.

Armed with shrimp and sand fleas, I strode out into the pre-dawn waters of the Atlantic ocean off Cocoa Beach.

I fished until dawn without a nibble but then shortly after sunrise the action began.

I hooked up on a nice black drum and had some fun bringing him in through the breakers.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A passerby visiting from York PA stopped and took my picture.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I continued to fish but this time I tried in a little closer.

This pompano was waiting for breakfast.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I caught another drum and another pompano before calling it a day.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Not a bad way to spend the morning!

We visited the world famous Ron Jon surf shop yesterday.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I call it the Bass Pro for surfers!

1 comment:

Bawana said...

I think you spilled some of the cocktail sauce from the shrimp on that first one.