Thursday, November 16, 2006

Cocoa Beach

From coast to coast we are covering the state of Florida on this trip.

We left the Gulf side and drove to the Cape Canaveral and then south to Cocoa Beach to catch up with my workmates for another meeting.

I managed to find a bait shop called, "SHUT UP & FISH" and picked up a variety of bait including finger mullet, clams, sand fleas, and shrimp.

The word was that the bluefish were running and that there were also pompano and whiting willing to do battle in the surf.

I had my trusty photographer (Tracy) nearby and she caught several shots of me soaking up the salt.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I had the 10 footer with a 4 oz weight and was winging it out beyond the breakers when I hooked this whiting.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We had a brief chat and I decided to return him to the deep.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I fished for a while longer and switched to the lighter rod as the tide was coming in.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I managed to hook and land a couple small jack cravelle and one hardhead catfish.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'll display pictures of the jacks but I'll pass on Mr. Hardhead.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Ya'll come back now, hear?

1 comment:

Bawana said...

Its a wonder you didnt't hook into a Dog fish using those flea's for bait.