Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Frosty Morning

I'm a little late with this post but need to get caught up.

I had an unexpected trip to Ballinger Texas south of Abilene to attend a funeral.

Tracy & I swung through Fredericksburg on the return leg of the trip to spend the night and to visit the cemetery.

We spruced things up with some new flowers & flags and had some time to reflect on the blessings of good parents. I was surprised to see one of Mom's long time friends, the former owner of the Rock Shop working the grounds. He came over and visited for a while and said he had given up the shop and was working full time for St. Mary's.

Early the next morning, I decided to take the fly rod and see if I could tempt any bass with a bug at Lady Bird Park.

I got up early enough.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It was a little frosty but I was OK with that.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The pickup said what I had already figured out - COLD!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I had the right amunition - a dark mini-muddler

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The fish were dug in pretty well but it was a beautiful morning just the same.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No catching but a great time fishing!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


It was nice to see the sun come up after all the rain we've been having.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 comment:

Bawana said...

It's good to hear that things are being tended to in Fredricksburg from those of us that are away, Thank You.