Saturday, October 08, 2005

Pontoon Boats

Well we finally did it! We have been talking about it for some time now and were convinced we had found the right pontoon boat -

The Trout Unlimited Colorado.

Cabela's had one for $450 and we saw them on E-Bay for $350 but Sam's Club in Conroe beat them both by a mile.

Paul got one for his birthday and got to try it out in the living room last Friday.




He said the fish weren't biting too good:




I finally broke down and took the trip to Conroe myself. I was sure that they would be sold out and after a quick search of the store I was unable to locate any boats. I was about to give up and turned the corner of an aisle and there was one boat left.

I put mine together in the yard.




Unlike my brother the "house fisherman" I had some luck with the "grass bass", "limb bream", and "porch perch".



I thought about trying for a "cat" fish but my loving wife reminded me that CJ our tabby likes to sharpen his claws on car tires and other items nearby. I thought I'd better keep the pontoons away from him for now......

2 comments:

Wool Winder said...

You guys are funny with your boats in the house and the yard. Hope you get to go fishing together soon.
Love,
Tracy

Justin said...

Hi. Came accross this site today - fly rods. I believe it's new and I'm looking for recommendations from someone who knows, before I make any judgements.