Saturday, April 16, 2005

Scouting Trip

"I have a dream"

It involves fishing in the South Branch of the Raritan River in Central New Jersey in an area known as the Ken Lockwood Gorge that is managed for fly fishing.

I got close to it this month while I was in NJ. My trip was too quick for fishing but allowed just enough time to swing by the area on the way back to the airport. I got to stop in at Shannon's Fly Shop in Califon and picked up a few local dry flies in the #20 and smaller size. The water looks fishy! My fishing buddy Joe has promised to do some investigation before my trip up in June. I can't wait!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. Great site you've got here. I'm always on the look out for fly fishing gear info and sites to use and recommend and I have to say that yours is one of the better ones. Out of time, I'll post again soon.