Saturday, April 16, 2005

Scouting Trip

"I have a dream"

It involves fishing in the South Branch of the Raritan River in Central New Jersey in an area known as the Ken Lockwood Gorge that is managed for fly fishing.

I got close to it this month while I was in NJ. My trip was too quick for fishing but allowed just enough time to swing by the area on the way back to the airport. I got to stop in at Shannon's Fly Shop in Califon and picked up a few local dry flies in the #20 and smaller size. The water looks fishy! My fishing buddy Joe has promised to do some investigation before my trip up in June. I can't wait!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 comments:

George said...

Hello. Found your site by searching for trout fishing. So many sites have little new info on trout fishing, but yours seems to be quite helpful. It's not exactly what I was looking for, but I think it'll be relevant enough to be helpful. Thanks for having such a great site up.

Justin said...

Hi. Great site you've got here. I'm always on the look out for fly fishing gear info and sites to use and recommend and I have to say that yours is one of the better ones. Out of time, I'll post again soon.