Sunday, April 15, 2007

Sunday Afternoon Bass

We had a guest speaker today at church.

Delton McGuire presented a four part seminar on Parenting in a Media-Filled World.

We all know how influential the media has become in all of our lives and it's alarming to hear all the statistics and the affects of some of the content on children.

Between the two morning sessions and two this afternoon, I took advantage of the pretty weather for a quick trip to Evans Lake to see if I could snag a bass.

I tied on a new offering, a Clouser's Darter in a perch pattern.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I worked along the bank in front of the Cypress tree and before long I found what I was looking for.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This Chunky Bass liked the Darter!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Glamour Shot

I didn't get to fish long but it was a great way to get out and enjoy the sunshine.

You may notice I'm wearing some Mangrove Sun Gloves.

These are something I'm trying to prevent overexposure of my hands to UV as sunscreen quickly washes off while fishing (especially if you are also catching!).

2 comments:

Bawana said...

Your comments in this post are sobering in light of todays tragedy in VA.

Paul Batchelder said...

Nice shots..It's nice to have a place so close that you can take the edge off with the fly rod.