Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Central Texas Fishing

I love my wife! We took a trip to Central Texas for our 21st anniversary and she insisted that I bring my fishing gear and try my luck in the local pond and creek. We stayed at the Feathered Horse Ranch B&B which is a new place being built by some friends at work.

I had a blast one evening and the next morning catching perch, sunfish, Guadalupe Bass and even a catfish!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


The perch loved small dry flies
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This catfish took a caddis larva that I made from a pattern given to me by a friend. I call it the "Broadstone Special".
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Cypress Creek near Comfort Texas.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com



These small bass were great fighters on my 5 weight rod.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I did finally pull out the ultralite and snapped on a white Roostertail just to confirm what I suspected...deadly!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Even this sunfish managed to get hold of it - what a lure!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I'm ready for the next 21 years!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there
I was out blogging and came across this one. A very fine written piece of work. Here's a website loaded with charter boats and fishing guides for texas. If you would like to exchange links I will put you on my texas fishing blogs page.

Thanks for the great reading
texas mackerel

Anonymous said...

Hi. Great page you have here. Has anyone seen this site yet? - fly fishing. I was amazed by the pics in the pdf they're giving away, so I'm looking for someone who knows if this guy is on the level, before I make any judgements.